- To provide the media and public with information to stimulate an increasing awareness of, knowledge about, and appreciation for the accordion.
- To promote unity within the accordion community by encouraging cooperation among members and with their organizations which work on behalf of the instrument.
- To set and maintain high standards for those interested in the accordion, thereby working to facilitate and coordinate the various segments of the accordion world.
- To increase the number of people playing and studying the accordion with a particular emphasis on young people.
- To honor achievement throughout the accordion community.
- To organize, sponsor and support competition for accordionists at all levels and dispense scholarships and/or honors to those who distinguish themselves through outstanding performance.
- To organize, sponnsor and support workshops, advancing educational standards and artistic levels of accordion enthusiasts.
- To promote communication among segments of the accordion world.
- To assist all accordion-related organizations with a forum for discussion of matters affecting the accordion in particular, and music in general, both nationally and internationally.
July 11-15, 2018
William Schimmel, Moderator and Curator, July 27, 28, 29 at the Tenri Cultural Institute, NY.
Next event to be announced soon.
The Elsie M. Bennett Composition Competition applications are now online on the Bennett Competition Events Page.
Previous newsletters are now online.